An Introduction To Astral Projection
Astral projection occurs when you consciously separate your soul or astral body from your physical body. Your consciousness goes with the astral body. Its difference with an out-of body experience is that astral projection leaves the body with an conscious intent and can last as long as you want it to.
When you astral project, you body is left behind in the physical world, functioning as normally as it would otherwise. A silver cord (which attaches your physical body to the astral body) keeps you connected. In an event the silver cord is severed, you die and your soul continues to its next destination.
Astral projection is not the same as dreaming. Everything is in real life and time, that is you are in your room or where you laid down to do it. Any beings you encounter are real and simply living on the astral plane as opposed to the Prime Material plane as it’s called.
There are so many things to do while astral projecting including:
- Helping lost souls find their way to the after-life
- Had conversations and encounters with deceased relatives
- Going back in time
- Visiting with friends who were also astral
- Traveling and exploring the planet
There are two general schools of thought on the nature of astral projection. These can broadly be defined as the mystical model and the phasing model:
The Phasing Model – Defines that the external reality is actually an internally created state. This basically means that when a person projects, they actually “phase” into another area of consciousness and the locales it contains. This can be likened to tuning a radio to another station.
The Mystical Model – Believes that astral projection takes place outside of the actual physical body. In this model, a more subtle energy body is believed to carry the consciousness outside of the physical body. Consciousness is transferred into a secondary “energy” body (the etheric body) to allow travel into the astral planes.
The 7 Astral Planes
The Astral World consist of seven planes, which correspond to the seven divisions of matter; the solid, liquid, gaseous, etheric, super-etheric, subatomic, and atomic. They are as follow:
7th Astral Plane
This is the lowest plane of the astral world, known as Avichi. Here, the lowest, gross and unrestrained passions exist. This plane is hell to the inhabitants who stay here because it’s where desires cannot be satisfied because they do not have a physical body to satisfy them. They can see but they can’t touch! Thus, their inability to satisfy their desires is torturous.
6th Astral Plane
Inhabitants will find themselves in somewhat familiar surroundings, with former family and friends, who often, like themselves, do not realize or refuse to accept the reality that they are dead. Scenery, cities, buildings, furniture, etc. are built by the imaginative minds of the inhabitants.
5th Astral Plane
The inhabitants on the 5th astral plane are busy working out their intellectual desires and ordinary tendencies, tastes, likes and aspirations that they were unable to manifest fully in earth life.
4th Astral Plane
Inhabitants and scenes of people acting out and enjoying their lives that they once enjoyed in earth life. All sceneries and things (including animals) are artificially created by their imagination.
3rd Astral Plane
Dwellers are engaged in work of an inventive and constructive nature. Men and women are perfecting what their interest was while in earth life. For example, artist/musicians creating their masterpieces.
2nd Astral Plane
A great religious atmosphere surrounds this place. Inhabitants of all races, creeds, and beliefs dwell here. Here is where the religious aspirations and emotions find their full power of expression. This is heaven taught by all religions. Imaginative power build up all the scenery here.
1st Astral Plane
This is the highest planes of the astral, inhabited by the great philosophers, scientists and metaphysicians. They were once highly evolved beings who have volunteered from the higher spheres (above the Astral) to teach those here on the highest Astral Plane.
Astral Projection Techniques
There are several ways to astral project. They differ in nature and some will find a certain method more suited to their liking. For all techniques describe, one pre-exquisite is a deep level of relaxation (trance state). The most three common techniques are as follow:
The Rope Technique
1. Pin a length of ribbon, string or rope to the ceiling above you. Have it hanging within arms reach so you can easily reach up and touch it. Reach out and touch it frequently, until you are used to where it is in your mind.
2. Do a relaxation exercise thoroughly, until you are completely settled. This should only take a few minutes, don’t overdo it.
3. Reach out with your imaginary HANDS and pull yourself, hand over hand, up the strong, invisible, imaginary ROPE hanging above you. Try and imagine the feel of a strong, thick, coarse rope in your HANDS. Ignore all sensations felt during projection or it will distract you, break your concentration and ruin your chances for projection.
4. Keep climbing, hand over hand, ever upwards, and you will feel the heavy sensation come over you. You will feel your whole body vibrating but concentrate, single mindedly on climbing your rope.
5. Next you will feel yourself coming free of your body. You will buzz slightly as you feel yourself coming out of your body. You will exit your body in the direction of your imaginary rope and will be hovering above your body. You’re free!
The Lift Technique
Once in trance state, imagine yourself floating upwards out of your body. Tell yourself all the time how nice it is to do this, how pleasant, how great it would be to be floating out of the body. Continue to image this floating feeling. Use an aid, for example imagining hundreds of small birds flying up and pulling strings which are attached to your non-physical body. After a while, you will feel your astral body separating from the physical body.
The Anchor Technique
1. The basis of this method is to focus on an anchor point outside of the physical body. Once in a trance state, focus on a point outside of the physical body (e.g. at the end of the bed). You can either simply focus on a point in space or simply any object.
2. Feel how solid it is. Try moving it around with your mind. The focus point should be totally fixed on its spot.
3. Once the focus point is fixed, imagine reaching out with your arms and grabbing hold of the focus point (object) and pull the object towards you, gently at first, and then harder and harder. Gradually as you pull you will feel yourself moving towards the focus point (instead of vice versa). Finally you will find yourself at the focus point outside your physical body.
5 Astral Projection Myths
You can die physically during astral projection.
You fear of beings on the astral plane powerful enough to severe your silver cord (attaches your astral and physical body), thereby causing the death of your physical body. It is possible but highly unlikely. However, while you are out of your body, your body is as susceptible to death as it normally would be. Someone could come in to your room and stab or choke you to death or even shoot you. In fact, if your consciousness was outside your body you may not even hear them come in.
The silver cord is easily breakable.
The silver cord connects your mind to your body and is extremely strong and durable. The cord can stretch a really long way and not get tangled, torn, or cut. Prevention is possible by using white light, golden light, call upon your guides for protection, keep your vibration really high (avoid fear if you can help it) and ask Jesus, other ascended masters, and the angels, and even God to keep you safe while you travel.
Demons can possess me while I astral
You fear if your consciousness is gone, demons can take up residence in your body. It is highly unlikely because a demon can only possess you if you let it or is your vibrations are so low that you can easily vacate your body. Again, for prevention, make use of the white light.
Sex with demons while astral are great!
Astral sex with other astral beings is possible, and the orgasmic feeling is something you will likely never experience while you’re in your body. However, having a sexual union with an entity of a low vibrational frequency (demons) is probably not a good idea since you are feeding it some really vital energy when you consent to that. When it comes to demons, abstinence is your condom.
You can get lost and forget the way back to your body
No. You can be delayed or sidetracked from getting back into your body (e.g if you are approached by a demon wanting something from you) but you will always be able to get back into your body if you want to. Call upon God or an angel to help you if you run into a demon gang.
Top 10 Benefits Of Astral Projection
Astral Projection the astral body or consciousness separate from the physical body to travel in the spirit world or astral plane. It is an out-of-body experience achieved via deep meditation or lucid dreaming. The benefits of astral projection include:
1. Great experience
- Many people who astral projects get first hand evidence of the ability to exist without a physical body.
2. More restorative sleep
Through meditation and astral projection an inner calmness is developed and better sense of worth leading to deeper peace and an ability to fully relax to get a better night sleep.
3. Increase in psychic abilities
As we become more in tune with our internal energy systems we then open more possibilities to develop psychic abilities such as telepathy and prophecy.
4. Accelerated personal development
Through an out-of-body experience we see that we are more than physical beings and this opens up so much more potential in our minds of what we are capable of.
5. Increased spirituality
Many people find the whole experience spiritual and they claim that they experienced a definite sense of being connected to something far greater than themselves.
6. An increased respect for life
By the increased spirituality and inner calmness comes a intense desire to respect all life, both animal and human, alive or dead.
7. Increased memory power
It is believed that it unleashes the power of the brain in term of intelligence and memory, previously untapped in our physical life.
8. Obtaining personal answers
An out-of-body experience can provide answers to many previously unanswered questions.
9. Elimination of the fear of death
Using this method, we can see that our existence continues beyond our physical being and there we need not fear death any longer.
10. Recognizing and experiencing past-life influences
You learn to explore and open up your subconscious mind to its infinite powers.